We are supporting the Elsa Research group that is completing a study on Type 1 Diabetes in children. If your child is a patient at Meon Medical Centre, you may receive a text from us inviting participation.
Thank you !
SOUTH WARWICKSHIRE GP RESEARCH PARTNERSHIP
Why Is Research Important?
NHS Constitution states that Research is a core function of the NHS.
- Clinical research is a major driver of innovation and central to NHS practice for maintaining and developing high standards of patient care.
Ultimately, clinical research means:
- patients get access to new treatments, interventions and medicines.
- Investment in research means better, more cost effective care for patients.
The benefits to us as a GP practice are:
- It offers patients access to new treatments and more choices
- It brings new dimension to practice and added skills to those involved
- It provides national gold standard training for research
- It brings in extra income
Who We Are?
- Alcester Health Centre
- St. Wulfstan Surgery
- Meon Medical Centre
- Budbrooke Medical Centre
- Kineton And Tysoe Surgeries
- Each practice worked independently in delivering research in partnership with the NIHR clinical research network (CRN).
- The CRN incentivise us to undertake research by funding certain activities and providing one off payments for each study.
- About 8 years ago our practices met to see how they could grow and deliver research as group still in partnership with the crn butalso to get involved in commercial research.
- At the same time, the CRN offered an opportunity for groups of practices to bid for extra funding to deliver research as a groupto enhance research delivery.
- We were successful at securing this funding and have been working together since.
Not a legal entity but DSAs in place
research manager to oversee research delivery
- A group of like-minded practices dedicated to embracing researchopportunities to increase the number of choices for patients and at thesame time clinically advancing, training and continuously learning.
- Access to a combined practice population of 27k who are willing toparticipate in research.
- All practices owned and led by general practitioners with years ofgeneral practice and research experience.
- Experienced research teams at each site.
- Dedicated research space and equipment.
- Increasing national reputation for delivering primary research at scale.
SWRP Microsoft Teams Current Academic Studies
SWRP MICROSOFT TEAMS - Commercial Studies
Open Studies :
Expression of interest submitted for 12 studies in last 6 months
3 companies /studies interested
TRAU 53526 PICO PROTECT - user acceptability and performance of a non-registered negative pressure wound therapy device – on hold while they carry our further testing on the dressing
NEUR 46530 MITSUI Lumishade - to evaluate the performance of the Lumishade® Lens with Frame in alleviating the symptoms of photosensitive migraine – in set up, signed NDAs and model contracts received
RENA 46267 Cam-Cath-001- to assess the impact of a catheter coating on clinical bacteriuria in patients that require catheterization – met with sponsor 14/2/23
Expression of interest declined for 7 studies in last 6 months
Run more studies as a group (we are developing this model of delivery)
Get accepted to run more commercial research:
- More income
- Increase reputation
- Collaboration with secondary care
- SWFT and SWRP pilot study - FREMS