Meon Medical Centre is a Research Active Practice
The practice team are delighted to announce that Meon Medical Centre is a research active practice working with the National Institute for Health Research Clinical Research Network (NIHR-CRN).
We work in close collaboration with a team of GPs, research nurses and facilitators based in Warwick Medical School. If a patient is eligible to join a research study running in our practice, a GP or other healthcare professional will provide written information. Taking part in a research study is voluntary and can be beneficial to patients who participate in them.
Examples of research projects include:
- investigating timing of taking blood pressure medication
- investigating respiratory infections
- management of heart failure
- how to increase physical activity
- ways to help people stop smoking
- the use of self-monitoring of blood pressure
Our GP Research Lead within the practice is Dr Karen Clarke
If you would like to know more about research taking place locally, visit www.warwick.ac.uk/go/pcresearchparticipation