Medical Receptionist / Administrator
Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way. Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
Please see the job description here.
Please get the application form here.
Practice Coordinator - South Warwickshire GP Federation
Practice & PCN Care Coordinator | Dene & Stour Valleys PCN
South Warwickshire GP Federation
Location: The successful candidate will be based at one of our Dene & Stour Practices. Must be willing to travel to support other practices if required.
Hours: 37.5 hours Monday – Friday. Full Time
Salary: Starting from £23,871. Salary depending on experience.
Positions available: 3
We are looking for an enthusiastic administrator who has excellent organisational, multidisciplinary and communication skills.
The candidate key responsibilities: (this list is not exhaustive)
- Answering Surgery phone lines
- Coordinating and adding clinical sessions to EMIS
- Able to build relationships with ARRS staff, service users and allied professionals in member practices; to help identify patients who could be referred to other health care professionals within the PCN to help improve PCN efficiencies’.
- Triage requests and queries from phone calls to the team.
- Manage care home inbox and coordinate workflow within the team
- Coordinating the receipt of shared care agreements or SIDC's from secondary care
- Coordinating new patients EMIS online proxy forms and registrations for care homes.
- Sending out hub communications to homes, pharmacies and surgeries (bank holidays, PLT, news blast for urgent matters).
- Collation and management of shared documents on the appropriate platform ensuring the latest versions are available and are made available in a timely manner.
- Creation of EMIS patient searches to support the coordination of project work across the PCN
- Accurately SNOMED-coding data on EMIS Web into the patient record
- Identifying relevant clinical information documented in patient correspondence, coding appropriately and completing any detailed actions.
- To be responsible for scanning, coding and summarising the incoming clinical and non-clinical information and is correctly linked to or embedded in the patient records.
- Input and extract data as required to support practice reports
- Input data into the patient’s healthcare records as necessary
- Support all clinical staff with general administrative tasks as requested
- Work closely with the Frailty, Practice teams and other care coordinators to assist with Nursing and Residential ward rounds.
- Support patients to utilise decision aids and tools in preparation for a shared decision-making conversation.
- Help people to manage their needs through answering queries, signposting to available services, and ensuring that people have good quality written or verbal information to help them make choices about their care.
- Provide coordination and navigation for people and their carers across health and care services, working closely with social prescribing link workers, health and wellbeing coaches, and other primary care professionals across the PCN.
- Explore and assist people to access personal health budgets where appropriate including providing information on both local and national projects for example sustainability and improvement projects in place.
- Holistically bring together all of a person’s identified care and support needs, and explore options to meet these using all available services and resources.
The candidate will ideally: (this list is not exhaustive):
- Be able to communicate effectively in person, over the phone and via electronic means
- Ability to prioritise and finish work tasks in timely manner
- Be proficient with computers to complete administrative functions
- Be willing to adapt, develop and learn in an ever-changing NHS landscape
- Be able to work proactively, ensuring support is provided for Medicines Management Team
- Be agile and able to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Have proven experience working within a pharmacy/ GP setting
- Have experience working on improvement projects
- Have experience collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams
Please click the link below for further information.
Working two or three days a week, 16-20 hours weekly
We are a small but rapidly growing rural dispensing GP practice located in purpose built premises just 10 minutes’ drive south of Stratford upon Avon.
We are seeking an approachable team player, capable of working on own initiative with sound IT skills (speed and accuracy) and a working knowledge of medical terminology to provide a full secretarial service for the practice. Flexibility to cover holidays and absence is essential together with a calm and caring manner and the ability to cope in a busy office. Knowledge of Emis clinical system is desirable.
Closing date for applications is Friday 6th October 2023
Job Type: Part-time, Permanent
Please see the entire job description here.
Please see the required person specifications here.
Please get the application form here.